Thursday, April 6, 2023

Stella named Sea Dogs general manager

Anthony Stella has officially been named the new general manager of the Saint John Sea Dogs.

Stella, who has been the team's head scout and assistant general manager since the 2017-18 season, replaces Trevor Georgie, who was named president and CEO of the Sea Dogs' parent company, JSM Sports Entertainment, earlier this week.

Georgie will remain president of the Sea Dogs and, given how involved Stella has been with hockey operations, should make for a smooth transition.


“I’m incredibly proud to accept the role as General Manager of the Sea Dogs,” said Stella. “Next year I will be entering my 10th season with the organization and have been lucky to have grown and developed over that time. Saint John has become my second home and I look forward to continuing my time in the city and community. I’ve represented the logo for the past decade, was lucky enough to win a President Cup and a Memorial Cup and I couldn’t think of a better place to continue my growth as an executive and as a person. I look forward to carrying the torch, to continue to build and continue the traditions of this organization. I want to thank Scott and Trevor for their confidence and this opportunity.”

Stella has been the Head Scout of the team at important drafts for the franchise, including the 2018 QMJHL Draft that produced six players on the 2022 Memorial Cup Championship team, and the most games and points of any single Sea Dogs draft class.

“Anthony is determined, loyal, and committed to his craft,” said Sea Dogs President Trevor Georgie. “He has been an important part of our team for a long time and we are proud to promote him. We have worked side by side for the past 7 seasons and I look forward to continuing to work together and watching him take this next step in his career.”


Stella becomes the seventh general manager of the Sea Dogs in franchise history. He joined the organization as a scout in 2014-15 and gradually worked his way up.

The focus for Stella and the team's scouting staff will be on the 2023 QMJHL Entry Draft, which takes place June 10 in Sherbrooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment