The CHL officials won the challenge easily, raising over $60,000. The WHL’s Prince Albert Raiders were the top raising team, bringing in over $16,000. The Sea Dogs were next with over $10,000 in donations.
Also, Saint John defenseman Michael Abbott was the top raising player in the entire CHL, bringing in over $5,700.
Some other news and notes...
- The Ottawa Senators recalled Mike Hoffman from the AHL’s Binghamton Senators today. Hoffman has 11 goals and 15 assists in 21 games in Bingo this season. According to the Sens website, Hoffman could make his season debut tomorrow against Huberdeau and the Panthers.
- The Sea Dogs’ homestand continues this weekend with the Sea Dogs hosting the Victoriaville Tigres on Friday at 7:30pm and the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles on Saturday at 7pm. Friday’s game is the annual Teddy Bear Toss. Believe it or not, these are the final two home games before Christmas.
- Oliver Cooper continues to lead the Sea Dogs in scoring with 26 points in 30 games. That includes two goals and three assists in his past three games.
- If you think the Sea Dogs have been playing poorly on the road this year, the Shawinigan Cataractes picked up their first road win of the season on Saturday in Gatineau.
- Former Sea Dog Scott Oke has been playing well since being traded to the Acadie-Bathurst Titan. In 10 games the 20-year old forward has five goals and three assists.
- RDS article on Sebastien Auger.
- Could the Val-d’Or Foreurs be interested in acquiring Auger during the trade period?
- Alex Grant, the first overall pick by Saint John in the 2005 QMJHL Entry Draft, made his NHL debut and scored his first NHL goal on Saturday. Angelo Esposito? The guy has no goals and four assists in 11 games with some team in Austria. (Shout-out to Nick for that tip)