Saturday, June 24, 2017

Pare drafted by Bruins


Cedric Pare was the lone Saint John Sea Dog to be selected in the 2017 NHL Draft.

Pare had to wait until the sixth round to hear his name called by the Boston Bruins, who selected him with the 173rd overall selection.

"It was awesome," Pare told media. "My family was there. My Mom, my brother, my grandparents. I was surprised a little bit, yeah. It's nice. I don't have words, I'm just excited."
Pare was on the bubble to picked in the draft. He was ranked 146th amongst North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting, 176th by ISS Hockey and 202nd by HockeyProspect.com.

The 18-year-old played in his first QMJHL season this past year, recording five goals and 11 assists in 64 regular season contests. He added a goal and two assists in 18 playoff games. He also had some strong showings at the Memorial Cup, registering a couple goals in four games.

Pare was a first-round pick of the Sea Dogs in the 2015 QMJHL Entry Draft, but the team opted to keep him in midget AAA for most of the 2015-16 season.

With Pare getting drafted, the Sea Dogs have had at least one player picked in each of the past four NHL drafts.

Goaltender Alex D'Orio was the only other Sea Dogs player on the draft radar but was not selected. He will no doubt be invited to a development camp, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment