Saint John opened their Quebec Major Junior Hockey League pre-season schedule with a 6-2 victory over the PEI Rocket. They then fell 6-5 to the Rocket and 5-2 to the Acadie-Bathurst Titan.
Saint John’s power play has been clicking this pre-season. Despite not scoring on the man advantage in Wednesday’s loss to the Titan, the Sea Dogs are 5/11 on the power play so far.
Some other pre-season numbers:
- Mathieu Newcomb leads the Sea Dogs in pre-season scoring with four points.
- Newcomb, Mackenzie Brown, Marcus Cuomo, and Oliver Cooper each have two goals.
- Both of Brown’s goals came on the power play.
- Spencer Smallman has a team high three assists.
- Newcomb and David Mosher both have two power play assists.
- Devon Oliver-Dares has a team most four penalty minutes.
- Cuomo has taken the most shots with six.
- The Sea Dogs have served just 24 minutes in penalties so far which ties them with the PEI Rocket for the fewest in the league.
- Former Sea Dog Scott Oke has five assists in three games with the Rimouski Oceanic.
The Sea Dogs return to pre-season action on Friday, September 7 when they travel to Amherst to take on the Moncton Wildcats. Their next home game is September 8 at Harbour Station against the ‘Cats.