Our boy CJ profiles Sea Dogs defenseman Olivier LeBlanc.
Some other news and notes:
- Former Sea Dogs goaltender Jason Churchill made 34 saves to help the Clarenville Caribous defeat the Bentley Generals 5-1 in the Allan Cup semi-final last night. Clarenville will now play host Dundas the in championship game today at 4pm. The game will be broadcast on TSN2.
- Charlie Coyle scored his first career playoff goal in Minnesota’s 5-4 overtime Game 1 loss to Colorado. He had two assists in five post-season games with the Wild last year.
- Tomas Jurco had one shot and two hits in 12:27 of ice time last night, helping the Detroit Red Wings upset the Boston Bruins 1-0 and take a 1-0 series lead.
- As the Lewiston Sun Journal reports, Eric Gelinas holds a unique place in Lewiston hockey history. Gelinas is currently with the AHL’s Albany Devils.
- More details on the QMJHL’s Gatorade Excellence Challenge have been released. The event will showcase the top draft eligible players from Atlantic Canada and Quebec. It takes place May 1-4 in Boisbriand.
- Nathan Noel was one of the final cuts from the Canada’s under-18 team. Fellow QMJHL rookies Nicolas Roy and Jeremy Roy were also cut.
- Jonathan Huberdeau was officially named to Canada’s World Championship team on Thursday. Additions will still be made to the roster but here’s a look at the first group who will be heading over.
- Here’s video of Gerard Gallant getting inducted into the QMJHL Hall of Fame.