The following was posted in the latest edition of the Dog Bytes Newsletter:
SEA DOGS SEEK GAME HOST
Application Deadline: August 8, 2014
Starting Date: September 19, 2014
Position: Game Host
Type of Position: Part Time - Seasonal
The Saint John Sea Dogs Hockey Club are looking for someone to join game day staff personnel to perform as the Game Host for all Sea Dogs Home Games during the 2014/2015 season and post-season. The Game Host will assist with all contests and promotional activity by following a in-depth game script provided by the Coordinator, Game Day Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the in-game host by executing on-ice or in-arena promotions and following the script, speaking to the crowd through a microphone.
- Engage the crowd during in-game promotional elements through a creative and energetic environment.
- Communicate on a game by game basis with Coordinator, Game Day Operations on ideas, preparation for promotions and the script.
- Choose contestants upon entry for in game promotions. Must be comfortable approaching the public.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-2 years Emcee/Hosting experience required
- Must have a projecting and booming voice
- Ability to react quickly to situations as needed
- Ability to work with other staff in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform in front of a large audience
- Must be professional at all times and have a fan friendly attitude
- Ability to follow directions at all times
- Flexible hours and availability
- Ability to stand on feet for 3-4 hours per game
Please forward your resume via email to email@example.com or by mail (contact information below):
Saint John Sea Dogs Hockey Club
99 Station Street, Suite 200
Saint John, NB, Canada, E2L 4X4