Monday, June 24, 2013

MacAulay Gets Camp Invite

Metro Halifax is reporting that former Sea Dogs forward Stephen MacAulay has been signed to a tryout contract by the Montreal Canadiens.

“I feel really good and I think I developed another dimension to my game,” MacAulay told Metro Halifax. “I have a good two-way game but I think I’ve shown that I can put the puck in the net too.”

MacAulay was drafted by the St. Louis Blues in the sixth-round of the 2010 NHL Draft but was never signed. He participated in Hamilton Bulldogs – the American Hockey League affiliate of the Habs – training camp last fall.

“I know where I want to be next, and that’s in the AHL and I think that’s a realistic goal,” MacAulay added.

Metro also notes that former Sea Dogs head coach Gerard Gallant, now an assistant coach with the Canadiens, played a role in getting MacAulay to come to camp this July.

The Cole Harbour native is one of the winningest junior hockey players ever, winning four QMJHL regular season championships, three President Cups, and two Memorial Cups. He played four-and-a-half seasons with Saint John and half a year with the Halifax Mooseheads.

Former PEI Rocket and UNB Varsity Reds commit Ben Duffy will also be taking part in the Habs camp. TVA Sports also adds that Gabriel Desjardins, formerly of the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, also received an invite.

No comments:

Post a Comment