Highlights from Sunday’s 2-1 Sea Dogs win:
Connor Donaghey now has 10 goals and 20 assists in 18 games with the MHL’s Yarmouth Mariners. That includes this overtime goal:
Thanks to @avgnsdave for the video.
Some other random stuff:
- The Sea Dogs play a three-in-three this weekend. They host the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles on Friday and Saturday night at Harbour Station before travelling to Bathurst on Sunday afternoon for a huge game against the Titan.
- Details about the 2014 QMJHL Entry Draft - taking place in Sherbrooke - were released this week. The draft is on May 31st beginning at 11am Atlantic.
- Defenseman Bailey Webster was named a first-team all-star in the NB/PEI Major Midget Hockey League. He had 25 points – five goals and 20 assists – in 31 regular-season games with the Kensington Wild.
- The AUS Men’s Hockey semi-finals begin tonight. Stephen MacAulay and the Saint Mary’s Huskies take on Mike Thomas and the UNB Varsity Reds while Pierre Durepos and the Universite de Moncton Aigles Bleus will face the Acadia Axemen.
- The Sea Dogs tweeted a photo of Stephen Anderson skating on Monday.
- The Canadian Press’ early, early, early roster projection for Team Canada’s 2018 Winter Olympics team includes Jonathan Huberdeau.
- Kitchener Rangers play-by-play man Mike Farwell tweeted on Sunday that “under the new broadcast deal, Sportsnet will be adding Saturday afternoon CHL games to complement traditional Friday night games.” Definitely intriguing with Rogers taking over the national NHL rights next season, which includes Saturday night games.
- Could Jack Eichel go first overall in the 2015 NHL Draft?
- Mike Hoffman, Simon Despres, and Eric Gelinas all got called up to their NHL teams following the Olympic break.