The QMJHL named Highmore the third star of the week after registering three goals and four assists during Saint John’s three-in-three. Sherbrooke goaltender Evan Fitzpatrick and Gatineau forward Vitalii Abramov were named the first and second stars of the week, respectively.
Highmore has been unbelievable in the month of January, recording eight goals and eight assists in eight games. He has points in seven straight games and has been held goalless just three times this month.
After a disappointing offensive season last year, Highmore has already tied his career high in points with 50, set in the 2013-14 season. With 17 goals, he is also nearing his career high of 19 set during 2013-14.
Highmore is Saint John’s leading scoring, sitting one point ahead of Mathieu Joseph.
In other news…
- Highmore has also won a team high 520 faceoffs this season for a winning percentage of 50.7%.
- Former Sea Dogs forward and captain Mark Tremaine has been named the StFX male athlete of the week. Tremaine has six goals and four assists in 21 games with the X-Men this season.
- Sportsnet’s QMJHL blog on the rising Sea Dogs.
- A reminder that the 2016 BMO CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, which will feature Sea Dogs defenseman Luke Green, takes place on Thursday night in Vancouver.
- mlive.com has an article on Tomas Jurco’s season. Jurco only has two goals and two assists in 25 games with the Detroit Red Wings this year - but this goal was beauty.