Nikita Li, who played in one regular season game with Saint John in 2014-15, is on the roster. The Sea Dogs put Li, a second-round pick in the 2015 CHL Import Draft, on waivers where he was claimed by the Victoriaville Tigres.
2014-15 was Li's only season in the QMJHL, recording 10 goals and six assists in 61 regular season games. He added one goal in four playoff games.
According to Elite Prospects, Li has three assists in 17 games with the KHL's Spartak Moscow this season.
The Canada Russia series begins on Monday in Prince George.
- Speaking of the Canada Russia Series, Sportsnet has list of players to watch at the event. No. 1 on the list? Sea Dogs forward Mathieu Joseph.
- The Sea Dogs' Jan. 7 in Halifax will be broadcast nationally on Sportsnet. Game time has been adjusted to 4 p.m.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning website has a feature on Mathieu Joseph.
- How about the Ottawa Senators' handling of Thomas Chabot? The blog Silver Seven looks at that.
- It certainly appeared the Ottawa 67's were destined to host the Memorial Cup in 2018. They have withdrawn their bid though, according to TSN Radio host.
- Sea Dogs prospect Shane Bowers was ranked 20th in the Sportsnet's November NHL Draft rankings. Bowers has six goals and six assists in 11 games with the USHL's Waterloo Black Hawks this season.
- Meanwhile, Bowers was ranked 24th in ISS' November rankings.
- The Sea Dogs fell to the "honourable mention" category in the CHL Top 10 this week.
- Saint John takes on the Titan in Bathurst tomorrow night at 7 p.m. They return home on Sunday to take on the Charlottetown Islanders at 3 p.m.
- Mathieu Joseph and Thomas Chabot both appear a new CHL on Sportsnet commercial:
Photo: Marc Henwood/Station Nation