Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cereal Meets President's Cup


If you are in the Shediac area tomorrow, the town will be honouring Saint John Sea Dogs defenseman Pierre Durepos.

According to the Times & Transcript, “Shediac is organizing a meet and greet session with him on July 31. An autograph and photo session will be held from 2-4 p.m. at the Shediac Multipurpose Centre at 58 Festival St. There is no entrance fee.”

"It's definitely a special honour for me. It shows that my small little community really supports me and is really proud of what I accomplished this year," he told the T&T.

Durepos, who played in every game in the Sea Dogs' championship season, tweeted the above photo today featuring some Cheerios in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League’s President’s Cup.

2 comments:

  1. I like Cheerios--don't get me wrong--but it should have been Wheaties. The Breakfast of Champions.--BTW, how come the boys aren't on the box already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need to at least be photo-shopped onto a box.

    ReplyDelete