RECAP: Blainville-Boisbriand 6, Saint John 0
SAINT JOHN - The Saint John Sea Dogs entered this contest with the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada on a modest three game winning streak, looking to extend that against a team that lost two days ago against the Halifax Mooseheads in overtime.
Things didn’t go so well for the Sea Dogs, dropping the contest by a final score of 6-0.
Philippe Sanche opened the scoring with a power play goal at the 3:53 mark. Alex Bishop made the initial stop but the rebound went right to Sanche who had a wide-open cage to shoot at and made no mistake. The Armada would strike again at 9:18 when rookie Joel Teasdale wristed one high, beating Bishop to make it 2-0. The Armada would strike yet again just 59 seconds later - this time off the stick of Guillaume Bergeron-Charron - putting them ahead 3-0, which was how the first period would end.
The second period started off with some back and forth action before things got out of hand following a big hit by Bokondji Imama at 11:47 that set of some fireworks. Imama would go off for checking from behind, Mathieu Joseph for his fight with Tyler Hylland and Jakub Zboril for roughing. In the end, the Armada would end up getting a power play and they made the Sea Dogs pay when Nathaneal Halbert dented the twine with his first of the season, giving the Armada a 4-0 lead.
The final frame started much the same as the previous period with more penalties going against the Sea Dogs. It was a Saint John power play though which led to the next goal as the Armada’s Guillaume Bergeron-Charron netted his second of the game at 7:07 – this one being shorthanded. To add insult to injury, the Armada would add a sixth goal off the stick of Alexandre Delisle-Houde at 17:12. In a game that turned very ugly for the Sea Dogs, the Armada came out on top 6-0 - a score that was well deserved.
- This game marked the annual Pink in the Rink night at Harbour Station with the Sea Dogs wearing pink jerseys.
- Samuel Dove-McFalls was back in the lineup after suffering a lower body injury.
- Scratches for Saint John were Kyle Ward, Jason Bell (death in family), Dawson Theede (healthy) and Austin Clapham (healthy). According to 96.1 NewSong FM, Oliver Felixson was questionable with the flu but did play.
- Jordan King was back to the MHL before the game.
- The Armada were in Saint John last night on an off night while the Sea Dogs travelled home from PEI.
- Luke Green was called for a five minute major for checking to the head in the second period.
- The Sea Dogs ended up with 36 minutes in penalties - 30 of which came in the final 30 minutes of the game.
- Saint John played almost half of the third period with three defensemen – Adam Bateman, Oliver Felixson and Bailey Webster.
- Of the 18 players on the ice for the Sea Dogs only six did not have at least a two minute minor.
- The attendance was 3,384.
When Joel Teasdale and Guillaume Bergeron-Charron scored 59 seconds apart in the second period, the Sea Dogs were in a hole and became frustrated with the Armada, unable to beat goaltender Samuel Montembeault.
HIT OF THE GAME
Give this one to Adam Marsh who came close to sending an Armada player head over heals with a hip check. He landed on top of Marsh but it was still nice.
SN PLAYERS OF THE GAME
TWEET OF THE GAME
It was that kinda night.
When you get put on the kiss cam with your dad at a sea dogs game...WTFF— Courtney Buck (@courtneybuck3) October 11, 2015
It’s probably the perfect time for the Sea Dogs to make their first Quebec road trip of the season. First up will be the Victoriaville Tigres on Friday at 8 p.m.