Former Sea Dogs forward Stephen MacAulay was one of the players named to the CIS all-star team that will face Canada’s world junior hopefuls in a couple weeks.
The CIS team – which features six players from Atlantic University Sport - will play Team Canada on Dec. 12 and 13 at the MasterCard Centre in Toronto. The two-game set is part of Canada’s selection camp for the World Junior Hockey Championship.
In 15 AUS games with the Saint Mary’s Huskies this season, MacAulay has six goals and eight assists. This is his third season with the Huskies – this year’s University Cup hosts.
The 23-year-old spent four-and-a-half seasons with Saint John from 2008 to 2013.
Jordan Murray will represent UNB at the event. Meanwhile, Sea Dogs defenseman Thomas Chabot will play with Team Canada.
Some other news and notes…
- The Sea Dogs are in Bathurst on Wednesday night to face the Titan at 7 p.m. The Titan have gotten better as the season has gone along and are only three points back of Halifax and four back of Charlottetown.
- Saint John hosts the Wildcats on Friday and the Islanders on Saturday. Friday’s game is Teddy Bear Toss Night.
- Former Sea Dogs forward Mitchell Dempsey made an impact in his MHL debut with the Summerside Western Capitals last week, recording a goal and an assist.
- Gabriel Bourret, Scott Oke and the Concordia Stingers will take on the UNB Varsity Reds at the Aitken Centre on Jan. 2 and 3 as part of the annual Pete Kelly Cup.
- With two goals and nine assists in 26 games with the Montreal Canadiens, Nathan Beaulieu has already matched his point total from last year – where he played 64 games. He did not, however, fare too well in this fight on Tuesday.