The Sea Dogs’ poor defensive game led to the Acadie-Bathurst Titan rolling over the team 5-1 last Friday at the KC Irving Regional Centre. Edmonton Oilers prospect Olivier Roy also put on show in goal, stopping Saint John’s dangerous offence with some key saves.
Saint John put forth a better effort on Saturday, defeating the Halifax Mooseheads 5-3 at the Metro Centre. Despite picking up the win, the Sea Dogs’ coaching staff still was not happy with their squad’s performance.
The Sea Dogs were, however, an honourable mention following their 1-1-0-0 week.
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League had four teams in the Top 10 this week: the Quebec Remparts, Moncton Wildcats, Drummondville Voltigeurs, and Acadie-Bathurst Titan.
The weekly rankings of the Canadian Hockey League’s Top 10 teams are selected by a panel of National Hockey League scouts.
Here are BMO CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings for week six:
1. Quebec Remparts (13-1-0-1)Open Ice Hockey also released their weekly QMJHL power rankings today. Saint John was fifth this week behind the top ranked Remparts, Shawinigan Cataractes, Montreal Juniors, and Titan.
2. Saskatoon Blades (10-3-0-0)
3. Saginaw Spirit (10-2-1-0)
4. Mississauga St. Michael's Majors (8-2-0-0)
5. Owen Sound Attack (10-2-0-0)
6. Moncton Wildcats (12-4-0-2)
7. Portland Winterhawks (10-2-0-1)
8. Drummondville Voltigeurs (12-4-1-1)
9. Red Deer Rebels (9-5-0-0)
10. Acadie-Bathurst Titan (12-5-0-0)
Kootenay Ice (9-3-0-1)
Niagara IceDogs (8-4-1-0)
Saint John Sea Dogs (11-3-0-1)
The rankings are calculated using a formula based on weekly and season long play.