The Canadian Hockey League released the BMO CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings this afternoon for week five. The list featured four Quebec Major Junior Hockey League teams with another getting an honourable mention.
After a 3-0-0-0 week and a five game winning streak, Saint John comes in at number 10 with a 10-2-0-1 record. The Sea Dogs defeated the Rimouski Oceanic, Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, and Victoriaville Tigres this week and outscored the three 11-5 in the process.
The Quebec Remparts are the top team in the country this week and have yet to suffer a regulation loss this year. The Drummondville Voltigeurs have cooled down since their hot start and slipped to fifth from last week’s fourth. The 10-3-0-2 Moncton Wildcats, who have played two more games than Saint John, are eighth after not being ranked last week.
Here are the BMO CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings for week five:
1. Quebec Remparts (11-0-0-1)This week, Saint John takes on the honourably mentioned Acadie-Bathurst Titan on Friday night at the KC Irving Regional Centre before heading to Halifax to face the Mooseheads on Saturday.
2. Mississauga St. Michael's Majors (7-1-0-0)
3. Saskatoon Blades (8-2-0-0)
4. Owen Sound Attack (8-1-0-0)
5. Drummondville Voltigeurs (10-3-1-1)
6. Saginaw Spirit (8-2-1-0)
7. Red Deer Rebels (8-3-0-0)
8. Moncton Wildcats (10-3-0-2)
9. Tri-City Americans (8-3-1-0)
10. Saint John Sea Dogs (10-2-0-1)
Portland Winterhawks (8-2-0-1)
Niagara IceDogs (7-2-1-0)
Acadie-Bathurst Titan (10-5-0-0)