Sunday, November 18, 2012

RECAP: Come On Back. Dogs Win 4-2.

FINAL: Saint John 4, Bathurst 2

By Tim Lumsden
SN Staff

The Saint John Sea Dogs travelled to the K.C. Irving Centre on Sunday afternoon to take on the Acadie-Bathurst Titan.

Sebastien Auger would start in net for Saint John while Jacob Brennan took his place in net for Bathurst.

First penalty of the game went to the Titan as Alec Jon Banville got sent to the box for interference at 2:31.

Lots of pressure was being put forth by both teams and it quickly paid off for Bathurst as Brandon Hynes scored the opening goal for the Titan. Time on the goal was 4:54.

The Sea Dogs took their first penalty at 7:36. Steven Duda was sent off on a holding penalty and that sent the Titan to their first power play.

Just as the Duda penalty ended, the Titan went back to the power play as Oliver Cooper was called for boarding at 9:57.

14:31 saw Francois Godin serving a roughing penalty for Bathurst.

Shots were 11-10 Bathurst in the first.

Bathurst kicked the period off with a bang as Christophe Lalancette scored the second Titan goal of the game at 1:32.

Ryan Tesink closed the scoring gap by one as he scored an unassisted goal, the first goal of the game for Saint John, at 11:28.

Alexandre Gosselin took a tripping call at 12:37.

Brandon Hynes took a slashing call at 15:09. Nine seconds into the power play, Saint John tied the game as Ryan Tesink scored his second goal of the game with the assists going to Jonathan Huberdeau and Kevin Gagne.

Shots in the second stanza were 10-9 Bathurst.

Aidan Kelly pulled the first penalty of the period – but prevented Bathurst from scoring. He was sent to the box for holding at 6:57.

Another holding call soon came, this time for Bathurst as Christophe Lalancette headed off at 7:27.

A double minor penalty for high sticking went to Sean Girard at 13:09 sending the Sea Dogs on an extended power play. Jakub Izacky gave the Dogs the lead they were looking for. His goal, the third Sea Dogs goal of the game, came at 14:17. Jason Seed and David Weckworth each took an assist with that goal.
The hat trick goal for Ryan Tesink came at 19:51 with the Bathurst net empty. Assists went to Jonathan Huberdeau and Jason Seed. That would bring the score to 4-2.

That would end the period and the game. Total shots on goal were 33 – 30 in favour of Saint John.

NOTES: See Sea Dogs Postscript tomorrow on SN.

NEXT GAME: The next game for the Sea Dogs will be when they return to Saint John to play the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles at Harbour Station on November 24. Puck drops at 7:00 pm.

Photo: Marc Henwood/Station Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment