Sunday, November 4, 2012

RECAP: Yikes. Dogs Lose 3-2.

FINAL: Shawinigan 3, Saint John 2
By Tim Lumsden
SN Staff

SAINT JOHN - The Saint John Sea Dogs took on The Shawinigan Cataractes on Sunday afternoon for the annual Support The Troops game. The two teams played in front of a crowd of 3,780.

Alex Fournier started in net for Saint John while Marvin Cupper went in for the Cataractes.

Noah Zilbert took the first penalty of the game as he was sent off for a face off violation at 6:06.

Peter Sakaris went to the box for hooking at 6:50.

The call was cross checking as Stephen MacAulay headed off the ice at 9:16, sending the Dogs back on the penalty kill.

15:06 brought the first goal of the game as Olivier Jodoin of the Cataractes scored.

Seconds later at 15:47, Frederick Gaudreau followed suit and brought the Cataractes score to 2-0.

The Sea Dogs went on the power play as Phil Pietroniro went off to the box for holding at18:56.

Sebastien Auger replaced Fournier in net as the teams took the ice.

The Cataractes took the first penalty of the period as Zachary Taylor went off for holding at 5:39.

Michael Mastrangelo and Yan Dumontier spent some time in the box for roughing at 10:22.

Jonathan Huberdeau put the Sea Dogs on the board 2-1 as he scored from a sharp angle. Assists went to Ryan Tesink and Jurij Repe. The goal was scored at 10:56.

Jurij Repe headed to the box for tripping at 12:07.

Aidan Kelly had an amazing breakaway but was unfortunately could not connect.

Steven Duda received a holding call at 2:54.

JC Campagna scored the third Cataractes goal of the game at 4:33.

Alexandre Grandmaison got called for cross checking at 11:04. Ryan Tesink closed the gap 3-2 as he scored on the power play at 11:13. MacAulay and Gagne each snagged an assist.

Devon Oliver-Dares and Olivier Jodoin decided to dance in front of the Cataractes’ net. Both would spend time in the box for roughing at 14:51.

Dylan Labbe received a hooking penalty at the buzzer but that was all she wrote for the Sea Dogs. The Cats would leave Harbour Station victorious.

Final shots were 27-27.

NOTES: See Sea Dogs Postscript tomorrow on SN.

NEXT GAME: This will be the last home game for a couple weeks as the Sea Dogs set off on a series of road games. They will play a three-in-three this weekend. They take on the Sherbrooke Phoenix on Friday at 8pm to kick off the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment