- The Houston Aeros recalled former Sea Dog Nick Petersen on Monday. According to the Aeros website, “Petersen leads the (ECHL’s Orlando) Solar Bears in scoring with 19 points, posting eight goals and 11 assists in 14 games with Orlando. He is currently fourth in the ECHL in points and tied for ninth in assists.” Petersen was in the Houston lineup this afternoon against San Antonio, a game the Aeroes won 7-5. Charlie Coyle and Zack Phillips also played.
- Speaking of Coyle, his hot start is continuing with the Aeros. He now has seven goals and three assists in 14 games. He is 10th in American Hockey League rookie scoring.
- The Milwaukee Admirals called up Charles-Olivier Roussel yesterday. In eight ECHL games with the Cincinnati Cyclones, the former Sea Dogs defenseman has a goal and two assists. The Ads return to action on Friday against the Oklahoma City Barons.
- How about Scott Oke (pictured)? The former Sea Dogs forward is 19th overall in QMJHL scoring with 10 goals and 17 assists in 21 games with the Rimouski Oceanic this season. The Sea Dogs traded Oke, the rights to Maxime Gravel, and a third round pick to the Oceanic for a first and seventh round pick.
- Ex-Sea Dogs defenseman Gabriel Bourret is also having a pretty solid season offensively with the Gatineau Olympiques. Bourret has two goals and 11 assists in 19 games.
- In the most lopsided hockey game I have ever watched live, former Sea Dogs goaltender Travis Fullerton made six saves in a 6-1 UNB Varsity Reds win over the St. Thomas Tommies last Friday. UNB outshot STU 28-1 through 40 minutes and 45-7 overall. UNB probably had another 45 shots go wide of the net or were blocked.
Photo: Marc Henwood/Station Nation