The Sea Dogs, 0-1-2 in their past three games, are coming off a disappointing overtime home loss to Victoriaville Tigres last night. The Islanders, meanwhile, have slid to fourth in the division thanks to their recent 0-3 skid.
With 12 games remaining in the regular season, the Sea Dogs sit sixth overall in the QMJHL with 65 points. The top eight teams have home ice during the first round of the playoffs. The team that currently sits in 9th, the Halifax Mooseheads, have 59 points.
Here are some news and notes:
- Former Sea Dog Stephen MacAulay had a goal and an assist in Saint Mary’s double overtime victory over Acadia in game one of their AUS semifinal playoff series last night in Wolfville.
- Tonight, Michael Kirkpatrick and the StFX X-Men begin their playoff series against the UNB Varsity Reds in Fredericton.
- Here’s a real nice story from Michael George who’s family visit to Harbour Station was a very positive experience.
- In Craig Button’s February draft rankings, Thomas Chabot was ranked 22nd, Jakub Zboril 23rd, Nathan Noel 59th, Adam Marsh 64th, Spencer Smallman 80th, Samuel Dove-McFalls 92nd and Mathieu Joseph 94th.
- The Hockey Writers released some draft rankings last week. Jakub Zboril was ranked 25th.
- Willy Palov of the Chronicle Herald has an article on Olivier LeBlanc who is helping turn things around in Cape Breton this second half.
- As of yesterday:
1st RD pick update for the Sea Dogs - Now have picks #3, #9, and #12 never to early for draft junkies :)
— Kevin Chambers (@HCCanucklehead) February 18, 2015