TSN’s Bob McKenzie released his final NHL Draft rankings on Monday night.
Sea Dogs defenseman Luke Green was ranked 60th by McKeznie, which is the same ranking McKeen’s Hockey had and just three slots better than where TSN’s Craig Button listed him.
Auston Matthews was ranked first by McKenzie. The top ranked player from the QMJHL – and Canadian – was forward Pierre-Luc Dubois of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles.
The NHL Draft takes place this Friday and Saturday in Buffalo.
Some other news and notes…
- According to the Telegraph-Journal (paywall), and as many pointed out, Sam Povorozniouk’s professional contract is a 25-game tryout with the AHL’s Chicago Wolves. The Wolves are affiliated with the St. Louis Blues.
- Sam Cosentino’s mock draft is up on the Sportsnet website. He has Dubois going third overall.
- Keith Gretzky, director of amateur scouting for the Bruins, spoke to the Boston Herald about Jakub Zboril’s season, which saw a decrease in his offensive production.
- This is a big year for Sea Dogs prospect/current goaltender Alex D’Orio, reports La Tribune. D’Orio is friends with Olivier Mathieu, Saint John’s first round pick in this year’s QMJHL Entry Draft.
- The LNAH’s Cornwall River Kings drafted former Sea Dogs defenseman Gabriel Bourret last weekend. Bourret has spent the past three seasons with the Concordia University Stingers.
- Former Sea Dogs head coach Gerard Gallant is the favourite to win the NHL’s Coach of the Year award, according to Bovada. The NHL Awards take place on Wednesday at 8 p.m. on Sportsnet.
- What will the Ottawa Senators do with former Sea Dogs forward Mike Hoffman?
- Speaking of Hoffman, an Ottawa Sport Chek was selling these on the weekend.
A shirsey you don't see often pic.twitter.com/zNyzzZAs9e— Jamie Tozer (@station_nation) June 18, 2016