It all comes down to this.
The Saint John Sea Dogs will play their final games of the regular season on Friday and Saturday, which will determine where they’ll finish in the overall QMJHL standings.
The Sea Dogs could finish anywhere from ninth to 12th in the overall standings. No matter what happens, Saint John won’t be able to finish eighth or above, meaning they won’t be able to snag home ice advantage for the first round of the playoffs.
Saint John takes on the Islanders in Charlottetown tomorrow night and then travels to Halifax to face the Mooseheads on Saturday.
Some other things…
- In Sportsnet’s March draft rankings, Jakub Zboril and Thomas Chabot are both pegged as first round picks.
- The March edition of Craig’s List features plenty of Sea Dogs content.
- Steve Turcotte of Le Nouvelliste thinks Chabot should win the league’s award for best professional prospect.
- An update on how that whole LukasWalter/WHL/Washington State legal stuff is going. Walter apparently now works for his father’s wholesale meat company in Vancouver.
- Michael Kirkpatrick and the University Cup hosting StFX X-Men were eliminated in the quarterfinals. Jacob DeSerres and the Calgary Dinos were also sent home following a quarterfinal loss.
- Jonathan Huberdeau is playing well these days, recording two goals and seven assists in his past eight games. With 12 games left to play, the Panthers are seven points back of the Eastern Conference’s final wild card spot.