Friends, enemies and others… hockey season has arrived.
With a new season comes our annual post of QMJHL previews from across the large land of the Internet. Happy clicking.
- The Hockey News’ Ryan Kennedy has SaintJohn finishing second overall in the league.
- Jonathan Briggins of Sportsnet picks Saint John to finish second in the Maritimes behind the Charlottetown Islanders.
- Briggins also has a full preview of the 2012-16 Sea Dogs.
- Buzzing the Net’s Mike Sanderson: "Saint John is the early favourite to run the league and win the President’s Cup, and their team on paper looks nearly dominant."
- Joe Veleno is prepared for the pressure that awaits him in his rookie season, writes The Canadian Press.
- Nolan Reid of Islanders Country believes the Sea Dogs are the team to beat in the Maritimes.
- Willy Palov of The Chronicle Herald answers some questions regarding the Maritimes Division.
- Stephane Leroux of RDS predicts Saint John to finish third in the division.
- Jean-Francois Plante of the Gatineau newspaper Le Droit has the Dogs finishing third in the Maritimes Division, citing goaltending as an issue.
- Steve Turcotte of the Shawinigan newspaper Le Nouvelliste has the Sea Dogs finishing third overall in the league. He has the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles finishing second, so the Sea Dogs technically couldn’t finish third. But who cares. It’s third!
- Turcotte also looks at five questions around the league, with one of them being the impact of Joe Veleno.
Photo: Marc Henwood/Station Nation