Sunday, January 1, 2012

"I Think I Look Good"


One side of Nathan Beaulieu’s face looked like a balloon after last night’s 3-2 Team Canada win over Team USA at the World Junior Hockey Championships.

The Saint John Sea Dogs defenseman took a slap shot to the face in the third period. Beaulieu’s mouth was bleeding when he left the ice and would head to the dressing room soon after. He returned the game a few minutes later with what looked like a tennis ball growing on his face.

Some reaction to the incident:

Beaulieu on his face: "I don't know what you guys are talking about ... It's a just a little numb. I'm a Canadian hockey player." [Neate Sager Twitter]  
Ryan Murray on Beaulieu: "I've never had one like that, so knock on wood. I imagine pucks to the face don't feel too good." [Neate Sager Twitter] 
"I think I look good," - Nathan Beaulieu [Calgary Herald Twitter]  
"It's not that noticeable," deadpanned Beaulieu of the mini alien growing out of his cheek. [CalgaryHerald Twitter] 

“I got real fortunate,” Beaulieau said after the game with the right side of his face bruised and swollen, ice bag in hand. ”When the puck came, I kind of opened my mouth. Kind of a sling shot reaction but I got a few stitches. It looks good, I think. It’s not too bad, is it? I’m fine. Obviously, it stung me a little bit. Just had to get stitched up a bit on the inside. I’ve had high sticks and stuff like that but it was the first time I got a hard shot to the face.” [Calgary Herald]

Beaulieu should be good to go for Canada’s semi-final game on Tuesday in Calgary.




Photo Credits: Calgary Herald Twitter, Calgary Herald Twitter, Gord Miller's Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment