Sportsnet’s Friday Night Hockey returns tonight with the Halifax Mooseheads hosting the Moncton Wildcats at 8pm.
Tune in to see the team the Sea Dogs played last night and the team the Sea Dogs play tomorrow night. Isn’t that just the neatest!
According to the broadcast schedule on the QMJHL website, the December 20th Charlottetown Islanders game in Blainville-Boisbriand will be the only other Q game broadcast in the first half.
Some other news and notes on this cold Friday afternoon:
- The AUS is holding a men’s hockey all-star game tonight at the Grant*Harvey Centre in Fredericton. StFX’s Michael Kirkpatrick was the only former Sea Dog to receive an invite. The all-star showcase will serve as the final identification game before Team Canada’s 2013 FISU Winter Universiade team, made entirely of AUS players, is officially selected. Following Friday's all-star game, the 22-man team selected to represent Canada in Trentino, Italy this December will take part in an orientation camp over the weekend.
- Speaking of Kirkpatrick, he was named the StFX male athletic of the week this week. He has three goals and four assists in seven games with the X-Men this year.
- Be sure to check out the Sea Dogs MOvember page. David Weckworth currently leads with $100 in donations.
- The Sea Dogs are also beginning to auction off their 2012-13 blue jerseys. All the details on that can be found here.
- Give a follow to Sea Dogs President Wayne Long (@WayneLongSJ) on Twitter if you haven't already. He's tweeting some good tweets.
- Pictured above is from a very informative video posted on the NHL YouTube page this week.
- As noted, the Sea Dogs are back in action tomorrow night at 7pm in Halifax.