- The Mooseheads are rolling right now. They have won nine straight games and are just one point back of first-place Blainville-Boisbriand – although the Moose have played three more games.
- The Sea Dogs have now lost eight straight games and are closing in on tying their season high nine-game losing streak. They are 1-8-0-1 in their last 10 games and have just one win in their last 18 games.
- Saint John’s road woes also continued last night. They are 2-12-0-1 away from home this season and have lost 10 straight on the road. It could be worse though – Shawinigan is 0-12-1-0 on the road this year.
- The Sea Dogs couldn’t get much of anything going offensively last night, much like their 3-0 loss in Halifax back in October. Saint John had just 12 shots through two periods and 22 in total. The league considered 10 of those 22 shots to be dangerous.
- Saint John scored just one goal in two games this weekend.
- Saint John contained Jonathan Drouin to just two assists last night. The Tampa Bay Lightning prospect extended his point streak to 13 games.
- Another 40+ shot night for Sebastien Auger. It was the 11th time this season that Auger has faced 40 or more shots in a game. Six of his eight starts this month have seen him face 40 or more shots
- Sea Dogs scratches were forwards Spencer Smallman (injury) and 20-year old Lukas Walter (healthy) along with defensemen Alexander McQuaid (healthy) and Thomas Chabot (healthy).
- Via John Moore, Nikolaj Ehlers is good.
Zach Fucale records his 6th career regular season shutout, tying Jason Churchill for 2nd most in franchise history.
— Herd History (@HerdHistory) November 24, 2013
Congrats to the best in the game, @TimGRoszell.. welcome to the 500 game club!!
— DK (@SeaDogsDK) November 23, 2013
NEXT GAME: The Sea Dogs host the Charlottetown Islanders on Wednesday night at Harbour Station.