Stephen MacAulay made his American Hockey League debut with the Hamilton Bulldogs last night.
The former Saint John Sea Dog recorded a goal and an assist in a first star performance, helping the Montreal Canadiens’ AHL affiliate defeat the Texas Stars 5-1.
Also in that game, Nathan Beaulieu was a +2 with one shot while Robert Mayer was the backup goaltender.
MacAulay had been playing with the East Coast Hockey League’s Wheeling Nailers before getting called up. In the ECHL, the Cole Harbour native has registered two assists in 12 games.
Some other stuff…
- Two former Sea Dogs sit in the top 10 in AHL scoring. Mike Hoffman is ninth with 19 points (9G, 10A) in 15 games with the Binghamton Senators and Tomas Jurco is 10th with 19 points (9G, 10A) as well in 16 games with the Grand Rapids Griffins.
- The University of Calgary Dinos are off to a 12-0 start and are ranked No. 2 in Canada this week. Goaltender Jacob DeSerres has seven of those wins to go along with a 1.75 GAA and 0.925 save percentage.
- Jonathan Huberdeau scored a very Jonathan Huberdeau shootout goal in Vancouver last night.
- Game 2 of the Subway Super Series is tonight at 8pm in Sherbrooke. The game can be seen on Sportsnet. Sebastien Auger will presumably be playing.
- The Sea Dogs are still raising funds for MOvember. Check out their page here. They’ve raised over $4,000 so far.
- The Sea Dogs are back in action on Friday at 7:30pm at the Station against the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. There is some promotional stuff going down at the game.