- Saint John has now lost seven straight games. Their longest losing streak this year is nine.
- At least the Sea Dogs got a point last night. They are now 6-17-0-3 and sit 17th overall, seven points back of the final playoff spot.
- The Sea Dogs opened the scoring at 16:03 the first, marking just the eighth time this season they have done so.
- Nathan Noel now leads the team in goals with nine.
- Forgettable shootout for the Sea Dogs. Noel, Stephen Anderson, and Matthew Highmore all missed the net.
- The Dogs are now 1-3 in shootouts this year.
- This was just the second meeting of the year between the Dogs and Eagles. They meet three more times in December.
- Jeff Cowan made his debut behind the Sea Dogs bench as an assistant coach.
- The Saint John Mill Rats were at the game and sitting in a luxury box (pictured). Noel’s shootout attempt probably would have come close to hitting them if not for the netting.
- The Sea Dogs were without forwards Connor Donaghey (healthy) and Kelly Bent (healthy) along with defensemen Alexander McQuaid (healthy) and Will Thompson (healthy).
NOTES: The ice was really shiny… this was Saint John’s first home game since November 5th… $3,721 went to the 50/50 winner… William Carrier had 11 shots… Stephen Anderson had four shots… Saint John won only 28 of 69 faceoffs… they tried to get the wave going during intermission which was weird… Sebastien Auger was Sebastien Auger.
NEXT GAME: The Sea Dogs are in Halifax tonight to take on the Mooseheads at 7pm.