- The Sea Dogs lost their sixth straight last night and are the owners of the longest current losing streak in the QMJHL right now.
- Saint John fell to 2-11-0-1 on the road this season and they have now been outscored 64-39. They have lost nine straight on the road.
- This was certainly not a good road trip for the Sea Dogs. They lost all three games in Quebec and were outscored 18-9.
- The Dogs have been struggling defensively of late. Along with allowing eight goals against for the second time during this losing skid, Gatineau went 3-for-4 on the power play last night.
- Simon Tardif-Richard, Marc-Olivier Brouillard, and Martin Reway each had two goals for the Olympiques.
- According to Tim Roszell, the Sea Dogs have not scored first in 10 straight games. Saint John allowed another early goal last night as Gatineau scored just 1:15 in.
- Kelly Bent, Michael Abbott, and David Weckworth are all former Olympiques.
- Abbott scored his first goal since October 23rd. All six of his goals this season have come on the power play.
- In what seems to be becoming a trend of late, the Dogs scored three of their four goals in the third period when the game was already pretty much out of reach.
- Matthew Highmore has three goals in his past two games.
- The league considered just five of Saint John’s 23 shots to be “dangerous.” That’s not a lot.
- With Sebastien Auger taking part in the Subway Super Series this coming week, Antoine Landry got the start in goal. It wasn’t Landry’s greatest night as he allowed eight goals on 36 shots. It was his fifth start of the year and all five of those starts have been on the road.
- 20-year old forward Lukas Walter was a healthy scratch which was interesting. Other Sea Dogs scratches were forward Joey Richard (healthy) along with defensemen Thomas Chabot (healthy) and Will Thompson (death in family).
SSS: The Subway Super Series begins in Gatineau on Monday and continues on Wednesday in Sherbrooke. Goaltender Sebastien Auger is the only Sea Dog taking part.
NEXT GAME: The Sea Dogs actually play an actual home game on Friday night at 7:30pm against Cape Breton.