The QMJHL released their 2014-15 media guide this afternoon. The guide can be downloaded from the league’s website.
Here are a few observations from a quick glance through:
- First time in a few years the cover does not feature a QMJHL team holding the Memorial Cup.
- Telus is no longer listed as an official sponsor of the league. Videotron is, however.
- Page nine is sweet, displaying some important dates that are difficult to find on the interweb. The holiday trading period runs from December 19 to January 6.
- The league averaged 3,394 fans per game last season, the lowest average since the 2003-04 campaign.
- Saint John’s Memorial Cup ring can be seen on page 21.
- In 618 regular season franchise games, the Sea Dogs are 313-305.
- Saint John’s 23 points at home last season were the fewest in team history.
The league will hold a press conference tomorrow afternoon where it is expected details on new television and webcast rights will be announced.