The QMJHL has corrected it’s scoring mistake from Saturday’s Sea Dogs game. The overtime goal has been changed from Thomas Chabot to Adam Marsh.
The #QMJHL has officially changed Saturday's overtime GWG to @marshdangls13, meaning he gets a hat trick!! Congratulations, Adam!
— Saint John Sea Dogs (@SeaDogsHockey) September 23, 2014
Some other news and notes:
- The big news on Tuesday: the Sea Dogs announced they have created a Player Development and Analytics program.
- The Casket has an article on Sea Dogs backup goaltender Blade Mann-Dixon.
- The Moncton Wildcats have released their Rogers TV schedule. The Sea Dogs still haven’t released theirs, but, according to some tweets, Saturday’s game against Halifax and Sunday’s game against Chicoutimi will both be broadcast.
- Nikita Li is listed on the Des Moines Buccaneers 23-man season opening roster.
- The Hockey News’ Adam Proteau has a good article on Jonathan Huberdeau’s upcoming season.
- Simon Despres is fighting for a bigger role with the Penguins this season, says the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. New Pens assistant coach, Gary Agnew, said he spoke with Gerard Gallant and Mike Kelly to get some ideas on what to expect from Despres.
- CBS says Gerard Gallant is one of the reasons to be excited about the Florida Panthers this season.