were released today.
The Sea Dogs, who currently sit first in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with a record of 45-14-0-2, won all three games they played this past week. On Saturday, the Dogs needed a shootout to beat the Moncton Wildcats 3-2. On Sunday at Harbour Station, Saint John destroyed Cape Breton 9-1. Last night, they defeated the Wildcats again, this time by score of 5-3.
Saint John’s 15-game winning streak is the longest in the Canadian Hockey League this season. They have not lost since January 12.
The Sea Dogs were ranked No. 1 in the pre-season rankings. They are the only team that has stayed in the Top 10 all season.
Other QMJHL teams in the Top 10 this week include the Shawinigan Cataractes at No. 4 and the Quebec Remparts at No. 9. The Victoriaville Tigres were an honourable mention again.
The weekly rankings of the Canadian Hockey League’s Top 10 teams are selected by a panel of National Hockey League scouts.
Here are the BMO CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings for week 23:
1. Saint John Sea Dogs (45-14-0-2)
2. London Knights (44-14-0-1)
3. Tri-City Americans (45-15-1-2)
4. Shawinigan Cataractes (41-13-3-4)
5. Kamloops Blazers (43-16-1-3)
6. Portland Winterhawks (44-15-3-1)
7. Plymouth Whalers (40-17-2-1)
8. Edmonton Oil Kings (41-15-3-4)
9. Quebec Remparts (38-15-5-2)
10. Niagara IceDogs (39-17-0-3)
Ottawa 67's (36-16-5-2)
Victoriaville Tigres (38-18-1-3)
Moose Jaw Warriors (39-17-5-2)
The Sea Dogs topped Buzzing The Net’s Dynamic Dozen this week as well.
Saint John plays twice this weekend. They host the PEI Rocket on Friday and Acadie-Bathurst Titan on Saturday.