Sunday, February 5, 2012

Oliver-Dares Out Indefinitely

It’s been a rough season for Devon Oliver-Dares.

He started the year with the Sea Dogs but then left the team for personal reasons in mid-October. He returned to Saint John in early December, playing in his first game since October 15 on December 3 against Shawinigan at Harbour Station. But then on December 11 in Halifax, the forward hit his head on the ice following a fight, causing him to miss over a month of action.

Oliver-Dares returned to the Sea Dogs lineup on January 29. But on Friday in Drummondville, his season took another turn as he broke collarbone in Saint John’s 3-2 shootout win. According to News 88.9's Tim Roszell, he is out indefinitely.

The Cole Harbour native has played in just 18 games this season, recording a goal and two assists.

Also out of the Saint John lineup on Saturday in Shawinigan was forward Ryan Tesink. According to News 88.9, Tesink was out with what the team is calling a “maintenance day” for his surgically repaired knee. The St. Louis Blues prospect appeared to bang it up a bit in Friday’s game.

Tesink has nine goal and 18 assists in 23 games this year. He missed two months of action because of knee surgery.

The Sea Dogs are hoping their other injured forward, Stanislav Galiev, is cleared to play shortly. Galiev has not played since October 1 because of a broken wrist.

In Saturday’s physical affair against the Cataractes, Charles Roussel left the game in the second period with what appeared to be a shoulder/arm related injury. He returned later though, scoring the game-tying goal.

Saturday’s game was a rough one for Shawinigan. The infamous Kirill Kabanov was leveled by Jason Cameron in the third period, a play that saw Cameron receive a five-minute major and game misconduct. The Russian left the game and did not return.

In the second period, not long after Roussel’s injury, Brandon Gormley left the game with a leg injury but would return later in the frame. According to multiple reports, Gormley was taken to a hospital in an ambulance after getting cut in throat by a skate late in the third. The cut is not believed to be too serious.

Photo Credit: Marc Henwood/Station Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment