The MasterCard Memorial Cup hosting Shawinigan Cataractes made the biggest noise of the day, acquiring Montreal Canadiens prospect Louis Leblanc from the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada
Leblanc, a first round pick of the Canadiens in the 2009 National Hockey League Entry Draft, will be an overager this season and is likely to play for the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League. The forward recently had shoulder surgery which could increase the odds of him returning to junior.
Leblanc joined the Montreal Juniors last season, recording 26 goals and 32 assists in 51 regular season games. In the post-season he added six goals and three helpers in 10 games before the Juniors were upset in the second round by the Lewiston Maineiacs.
Here are some of the other notable deals made on deadline day:
- The Acadie-Bathurst Titan traded Yoan Pinette (92-02-18) to the Chicoutimi Saguenéens for Sean Girard (93-04-09).
- The Quebec Remparts acquired Cédric Leblanc (93-03-01) from the Moncton Wildcats for a third round pick in 2012 and sent goaltender Jimmy Appleby (93-04-02) to the Drakkar for Gabriel Carignan (93-06-28) and a second pick in 2013.
- Moreover, Quebec traded Guillaume Rousseau (91-02-13) to the Olympiques for an eighth round pick in 2012.
- The Rocket plucked Antoine Bibeau (94-05-01) away from the Olympiques for a fourth round pick in 2013.
- Gatineau also sent Olivier Picard (93-04-07) to the Armada for an eighth round pick in 2013.
- The Tigres acquired Simon Darveau (92-07-21) from the Drakkar for an eighth round pick in 2013 while also trading a fifth round selection to Chicoutimi for Danick Emond (93-04-21).
- The Océanic traded Guillaume Gélinas (94-01-26) to the Cataractes for Jean-François Plante (93-06-29).
- The Saguenéens traded Rock Régimbald (92-05-08) to the Olympiques for a seventh round pick in 2013.
A full list of trades can be found on the QMJHL website.
Photo Credit: Radio-Canada