Some news, notes and stuff…
- Former Sea Dogs goaltender Antoine Landry, traded to Bathurst during the off-season, made his season debut with the Titan last night. He made 29 saves in a 4-1 loss to Victoriaville.
- RDS has a real nice article on Sebastien Auger en franca is.
- The Sea Dogs announced yesterday that Support our Troops Night, originally scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 1, has been pushed back to Sunday, Feb. 22. According to a release, “the decision was made in consultation with Canadian Forces Base Gagetown, and other military personnel scheduled to be involved, in light of recent tragedies in Quebec and Ottawa.”
- Meanwhile, the annual Teddy Bear Toss, originally slated for Saturday, Jan. 10, has been moved to Sunday, Dec. 7.
- Saint John visits the Screaming Eagles tonight in Sydney. They host the Eagles at Saturday night at 7 p.m.
- Saturday’s Sea Dogs game will be broadcast on Rogers TV. It’ll be the team’s final appearance until Nov. 30.
- Also worth noting about Saint John’s television schedule: their Jan. 17 game in Gatineau will be broadcast.