Team Russia will face Team QMJHL in game five of the series on Tuesday at 8 p.m. at the KC Irving Regional Centre in Bathurst. The game can be seen on Sportsnet and TVA Sports.
Russia swept the WHL and won their first game against the OHL before falling 5-1 last night in Kingston.
Defenseman Olivier LeBlanc will be the only Sea Dog playing in the event.
The final game of the series, also against the QMJHL, takes place on Thursday in Rimouski.
A few other notes:
- LeBlanc is definitely a long shot to make Team Canada’s world junior team. Although he didn’t make Brendan Ross’ projected roster, LeBlanc was among the “other top candidates” listed.
- Mike Hoffman has been a beast for the Ottawa Senators of late. TSN’s Darren Dreger had an article on that on Friday.
- The Sea Dogs and Wildcats now each have 31 points and are atop the Maritimes Division. However, Saint John has played two fewer games.
- Defenseman Jakub Zboril was ranked 28th in Future Considerations' November rankings for the 2015 NHL Draft.
- The Mooseheads will be without captain Ryan Falkenham for six to eight weeks with a lower body injury. Moose Country has seen better days.