Sunday, December 2, 2012

RECAP: Sunk In The Oceanic. Dogs Lose 4-1.

FINAL: Rimouski 4, Saint John 1

By Tim Lumsden
SN Staff

Saint John returned home to play the Rimouski Oceanic at Harbour Station on Sunday afternoon.

Sebastian Auger took the net for Saint John while Philippe Desrosiers took the net for the Oceanic.

The first goal of the game came at 6:51. Jess Tanguay from the Oceanic was able to slip one by Auger to put Rimouski on the board 1-0.

Just moments after their first, at 8:49, Michael Joly scored Rimouski's second goal.

Matthew Highmore took the first penalty for the Dogs at 12:27 as he skated off for interference.

Ryan Tesink was the next Dog to the box at 19:11 as he was sent off for tripping.

Shots were 11-6 Rimouski after 20 minutes

The Oceanic’s third goal came early in the period at 1:15 as Auger blocked a flurry of attacks but Francis Beauvillier was finally able to get one through.

Michael Joly pulled a hooking penalty at 5:58.

Oliver Cooper and Lucas Grundy dropped the gloves at 9:28, each of them receiving five minutes for fighting.

 One minute later at 10:28, Ryan Tesink was sent to the box for slashing.

Shots were 12-8 in favour of Saint John in the frame.

Samuel Morin started the period by heading to the box, only 51 seconds into the period, after being called for interference.

Jonathan Huberdeau put the Sea Dogs on the board with their first and only goal at 1:48. Assists went to Kevin Gagne and Pierre Durepos. The score after that goal was 3-1 in favour of the Oceanic.

Jakub Izacky was sent off for a very questionable high sticking call at 5:39 despite the booing from the fans.

At the 9:45 minute mark, the Oceanic went on the penalty kill as Lucas Grundy was called for hooking.

With 2:52 left in the game, Alexis Loiseau was sent off for cross checking, only to come out of the box and score an empty netter with just 47 seconds left.

Unable to claw their way back, the Sea Dogs would walk away without the win and had to face the reality of a score of 4-1.

Shots were 10 apiece in the third. Total shots on goal were 29-28 in favour of Rimouski.

The Sea Dogs went 1-for-4 on the power play while the Oceanic went 0-for-4.

NOTES: See Sea Dogs Postscript tomorrow on SN.

NEXT GAME: The Sea Dogs next game is on Saturday, December 8, when they face off against the Quebec Remparts. The puck drops at Harbour Station at 7:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment