Acadie-Bathurst Titan vs Saint John Sea Dogs
Tonight, November 14, 2009 @ 7:00 pm
Visiting Team: Acadie-Bathurst Titan
Record: 8-13-2-1 (5th in Atlantic Division)
Last Game: 6-5 Overtime Win vs Baie-Comeau on Wednesday
Leading Scorer: Eric Faille: 24GP-11G-12A-23P
Notes: The Titan have no NHL draft picks… Taylor Lambke has four assists versus Saint John this season in three games… Remi Blanchard is a -6 in the three games against the Sea Dogs… Vincent Arseneau has a team high 18 penalty versus Saint John… were supposed to play yesterday against Shawinigan in Bathurst but was cancelled due to six Cataractes having contracted the H1N1 virus… Eric Faille is tied with the Sea Dogs Jonathan Huberdeau with the most shootout goals with three this season… ranked 12th in the league with a 4-7-1-0 record on the road this season... ended a six game losing streak on Wednesday against the Drakkar.
Home Team: Saint John Sea Dogs
Record: 20-4-1-0 (1st in Atlantic Division)
Last Game: 4-2 Win vs Baie-Comeau on Thursday
Leading Scorer: Michael Kirkpatrick: 24GP-5G-21A-26P
Notes: Saint John became the first team in the 60 team Canadian Hockey League to record 20 wins on Thursday… currently on a franchise record, league best 12 game winning streak and have not lost a game since a 4-0 loss to the PEI Rocket on October 13… Kirkpatrick has only five goals this season after leading the team last season… Stanislav Galiev has a team high six points (one goal and five assists) against Bathurst this season… Nicholas Petersen is a team high +5 versus the Titan… Mike Thomas has a team high 10 penalty minutes… a league best 10-2-0-0 at home this season… averaging a terrible 3,436 fans per game at Harbour Station... ranked 4th in Canada by the CHL and 6th by Station Nation... the last game of a five game home stand.
Saint John vs Acadie-Bathurst:
This Season (GP-W-L-OTL-SOL-PTS):
Goals For: 15
Goals Against: 6
Last Season (GP-W-L-OTL-SOL-PTS):
Goals For: 27
Goals Against: 19
All-Time- Not Including This Season (GP-W-L-OTL-SOL-PTS):
Goals For: 112
Goals Against: 141
Station Nation Facts:
- Saint John defeated Bathurst 4-3 in a shootout on opening night, 5-2 in Bathurst on October 22, and 6-1 at Harbour Station on October 25.
- The last time these two teams met there were four fights and 83 penalty minutes handed out in a 6-1 Saint John victory.
- Saturday’s match has been designated a “Sea Dogs Night Out,” with the 97.3 The Wave(not so) Extreme Team set to energize the Harbour Station faithful.
- Fleaburn and the 97.3 The Wave (not so) Extreme Team will be handing out $10 ticket vouchers at the pre-Santa Claus parade party, today from 1:00-4:00 pm at Market Square.
- "We had a stinker in P.E.I.," head coach Gerard Gallant told the Telegraph-Journal. "(P.E.I.) played a real good game that night and we just didn't show up. That was the last time where we just weren't prepared or focused for a hockey game. We are trying to get this team ready to play every night. That was a wake-up call for our team."
- Nathan Bealiveau is now a former assistant equipment manager with the Sea Dogs as he has joined the Titan organization.
Venue: Harbour Station
Saint John Media: Radio- News 88.9 FM (http://www.news889.com/)
Live Video Streaming: http://www.qmjhl.mytelus.com/
Post-Game Coverage: http://www.stationnation.blogspot.com/, Telegraph-Journal
Post-Game Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/seadogstv