Thumbs up to...
- Michael Kirkpatrick who scored the biggest goal of the season on Friday night in Baie-Comeau, tying the game with 3.6 seconds on the clock. We'd also like to give a thumbs up to Tim Roszell for one of the best calls in franchise history.
- the goaltending duo of Marc-Antoine Gelinas and Karel St. Laurent. Both got wins this weekend and combined to allow only four goals in three games.
- Jonathan Huberdeau who continues to improve every single game. He is also a perfect 3/3 in the shootout this season.
- head coach Gerard Gallant who seems to have the gift of knowing when to call a time-out.
- whoever spotted the guy at the Tampa Bay Lightning game wearing a Sea Dogs jersey. The picture can be seen on the Sea Dogs Twitter page.
- the Sea Dogs website who has listened and placed the promotions below the game dates on saintjohnseadogs.com.
- an amazing October! Several records were set this past month and here's hoping it continues.
- Zach Phillips who has been very hot of late. Coming off a fight last Sunday he scored a beauty on the Quebec road swing.
Thumbs Down to...
- the Moncton Wildcats for cancelling Sundays game only 90 minutes prior. Wildtown is put to shame over the incident.
- Harbour Station for opening the doors only 30 minutes prior to David Copperfield. Brought back some bad memories of the fan symposium from last season.
- the goal horn. Saint John's recorded goal horn was shown up by Rimouski's lovely sounding horn on Sunday. Maybe someday.
- a particular jersey in white jersey auction. Splash, the hated and retired Sea Dogs mascots sweater is in the auction with a minimum bid of $100! Maybe someone will buy it and run it over.
- the QMJHL teams with no video highlights on YouTube. Come out of the cave and join the 21st century already.
- Cam Russel who broke a stick over the boards in the Mooseheads latest loss according to Metro News. Looking like Christian LaRue more every day.
NEXT MONDAY: Three home games means marketing and attendance are put under the microscope. See you next Monday.