In round two against the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, the Sea Dogs, down 3-2 in the series, won games six and seven to advance to the semifinals. They’ll have to win another elimination game tomorrow night in Shawinigan if they want to stay alive. Game time is 8:30 p.m. at Centre Gervais Auto.
The Sea Dogs enter tomorrow’s game five down 3-1 in the series. Saint John won game one in overtime and then went on to lose three straight. The frustrating part is that both games three and four were winnable – Saint John imploded in the third period on Tuesday and then fell in overtime on Wednesday.
This series has had some unpredictable and unusual moments. Leads haven't meant much and momentum shifts quickly. Even though the Cataractes carry momentum into Friday's match, anything can happen.
Saint John is 4-3 on the road this post-season while Shawinigan is 5-3 at home.
Some other notes…
- The Sea Dogs will, presumably, have Bokondji Imama back in their lineup tomorrow night. His seven-game suspension ended on Wednesday.
- Will we see Alex Bishop in net again on Friday? Bishop made 20 saves in his first career playoff start on Wednesday.
- Anthony Beauvillier has four goals and seven points so far in this series.
- Sam Povorozniouk continues to lead the league in playoff scoring with 24 points and goals with 14. Thomas Chabot has a league high 18 assists. Nathan Noel has served a league leading 30 penalty minutes.
- If the Sea Dogs win on Friday, game six is on Sunday at 7 p.m. at Harbour Station.
Photo: Marc Henwood/Station Nation